Just because an individual is aged doesn’t mean that he needs to be ignored. I have personally seen a lot of people that pay no attention to the needs of their parents after a certain age. I agree that there are several things that you need to take care of, especially after starting with your own life and family; but you must never forget that your parents are your family too. If you can’t visit them often or can’t stay back to look after them, you can hire people who can do that for you. If you feel the pain of negligence in the eyes of the elderly crowd and want to opt for cert 3 aged care is perhaps the best field for you to make your career in.
Following are the five bright ways in which you can show your utmost care to the aged crowd:
1) Eat with them – The worst thing that you would do with the elderly people is sit far away from them to have your meals. They hate it when the young crowd treats them like some lifeless untouchable pieces. When you work hard to earn cert 3 aged care trainers tell you how to sit next to the elderly people to show your respect for their wrinkles and eat and, in fact, share your meals with them.
2) Share your stories – Even if you are someone who is not related to them by blood, you are hired to take care of them in every possible way. You are expected to support them mentally and emotionally as well. Aged people love it when the young individuals share their stories. They feel the change in the environment and generation, which motivates them to live longer and see what is next to come in future.
3) Respect the generation gap – There are times when the elderly people keep nagging you, even if you don’t belong to their families. Respect the time that they have spent growing older in the world and if they nag you for something, appreciate it, rather than demotivating or insulting them. When you learn different things for cert 3 aged careprofessors always teach you that you have to build a bridge that connects you with the aged crowd you are expected to take care of.
4) Ask them how to do different things – The best thing that you can do for the elderly people is to make them feel that they are needed and are important parts of the present world. Keep asking them how to do different things, even if you know how to do them. This way, you keep motivating them to live longer, making them realize that their guidance is needed.
5) Make them laugh – It doesn’t matter how you make them laugh, all that matters is that you spread smiles on their faces. A laughing old man looks as cute and innocent as a laughing toddler. Let them know that old age is not a disease; it is the best time to sit back, relax and laugh.